Saturday 1 November 2014

Party day!

I'm awake. It's 5.30am, this is pretty normal for me, in fact I've done well to sleep in this long, was awake from 3.30am yesterday.

I  am so excited that it's the day of my party. I have butterfly's in my tummy and everything. But today of all days I need to keep my emotions in check. With excitement comes stress, adrenalin, anxiety - all ridiculously draining emotions.

Today will be busy. Even if I just sit down and delegate tasks it will still be busy with people running around, lots of things to remember, and that's all before we get to the party.

I'm fighting a virus, yesterday I felt pretty rough, not helped by the 3.30am start. I had this nasty feeling like I had a scarf tied around my neck too tight and all day I kept forgetting words and was really struggling to put sentences together.

I hope today for he party at least my cognitive functions will pull themselves together and all this achy ill feeling will be put on pause.

I know already that I will look and behave like a normal well person, in fact I expect I will hear 'you're looking well' more than once today. But come 6pm when everyone has gone I will collapse into a heap and barely be able to speak.

It will be worth it, I will have a great time. I just hope the payback doesn't last too long...

Anyway, back to trying not to feel too excited. 

Wish me luck for today friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment