Saturday 19 September 2015

Confessions of a hairless ME

Well it has been one week since I took the plunge and shaved all my hair off!

In the week leading up to the event people kept stopping me and asking if I was nervous - I was not. Then people seemed keen to come and watch, so I opened it up to have people around to watch.
On the morning of the event I was exhausted and more nervous about having an audience then I was having my hair shaved off!

Half way through the cutting my eldest daughter (6) disappeared upstairs, when it was finished and I went to find her she was in her bed crying and she wouldn't look at me. She said she didn't like my new hair. I told her to remember that I was still me and what I look like makes no difference to who I am. She did eventually appear back downstairs (with a little hot chocolate bribery), and after not very long was wanting to take me out and show me off to everyone!

My husband who is hairless had warned me that it would be cold, but I wasn't quite prepared for the sensation of having no hair!

It has been a cold rainy week here, so mostly when leaving the house I have been in a hat. Not because I don't want to show off my new hair, but because I'm not quite ready to get a cold wet head!
I have managed 1 or 2 school runs without the hat which have only met with positive comments.

But here are my 'confessions'.
I couldn't look in a mirror until Wednesday without thinking "wow that's strange, what did I do!"
I can't stop running my hands threw it - it is a lovely feeling.
It is surprisingly cold and I have spent much time in the house wearing a hat!
I am amazed at how quickly it grows!
It does look better than I had feared it might, though I don't love it as much as I had hoped!
It has taken away the irritation that I often feel with my hair, but has left me with a new irritation, but I am hoping that will pass as it grows a little.

All in all I am thrilled with how much money I have made for the ME Association, very pleased I have finally gone through with it, and haven't experienced any negativity only a couple of odd looks and double takes.



No comments:

Post a Comment