Saturday 19 September 2015

Scared

Earlier today I wrote a post about having my hair cut off, which is all very well and good and some may find interesting, but it has totally masked how I am actually feeling about life at the moment.

Last week my youngest started school. The school run generally I struggle with and on my bad weeks I have been known to be a tearful wreck by Friday. Last week I was a tearful wreck by Wednesday... I put this down to the added anxiety, stress of my youngest starting school. Although I wasn't worried, I knew she was going to love it and be fine.

My lovely monsters shared their back to school cold with me so that hasn't helped this week, and actually I managed a little better, I wasn't a tearful wreck until Thursday! And I managed to get my paints out Wednesday - which is a mega bonus.

But Thursday, Friday and now today I have been completely and utterly drained. On returning from taking the kids to school I have sat down and pretty much not moved until it was time to pick them up again. 

This huge backwards leap in energy has me scared. Scared that I am not improving but in fact getting worse. This is of course unrealistic thinking. There are always set backs, especially when routine is changed, and I never remember how bad the bad days are after a spell of feeling a little better.

As I write this I'm getting a sense of de ja vu at having written something very similar before, which only emphasises the fact that you do almost immediately forget how bad it can get.

So please excuse my ramblings, I obviously needed to write this in order to help me remember that this is how it goes and it will get better again.


No comments:

Post a Comment