Wednesday 30 September 2015

This is me.

This is me, take me or leave me.

I am a shy person who occasionally does bold things like dye my hair blue, or shave it all off.
I took GCSE drama, performed in the school choir, and love to dance, yet one of the things I hate most is getting up in front of people and being noticed.
I also hate talking on the telephone and do avoid it as much as possible (apologies to those who do try to phone me).

I like wearing unshapely comfy clothes, which yes mostly come from the men's section in the clothes store, and yes tend to make me look boyish - especially with the shaved head. This does not mean I wish I were a boy, I just like to be comfy and I value that more than being accepted.
I do not wear makeup. Once upon a time I did try. I didn't like it. I think people are beautiful as they are and there is no need to paint on a face for the world to see. However I can appreciate why people like it, and that some use it to hide behind. I hide behind my sunglasses, I feel slightly uneasy on really dark days or rainy days when I can't wear them.

Vanity is a stress I do not need in my life. 

I'm beginning to learn that wherever I am (my home excluded) I always feel a little out of place, that is just me. 

As an adult I'm still not sure how to make friends. When the kids were younger I'd instigate play dates, but how does it work when they are at school? I chat to people online all the time, that is easy, but in real life? I struggle... I feel awkward and chat does not flow. I guess this will get easier with practice.

I like doing nice things for people. I like giving gifts when they are unexpected or needed rather than when it is appropriate to. I have just joined a Happy Mail group which I hope will open my eyes to new ways in which I can make people happy.

I feel like I am writing to justify myself, which isn't needed, but I'm writing it anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment