Saturday 3 January 2015

Birthday!

A lot of people don't like birthdays, some pretend they aren't happening, some get utterly miserable at the thought of being another year older. 
I like birthdays. It is proof that I have survived another year which I think is something to celebrate, especially with M.E. 
When every day is a struggle having a birthday is like getting a medal for getting through that year!

Being 30 is really no different from 29. This year I had my party back in November so as not to risk snow & post holiday blues from stopping people coming, I had all of my presents either back with the party or at Christmas, so today there are only a couple of cards to open, but I am happy, I have my family around me and I am a lot healthier than I was last January!

My grandfather turned 94 on Christmas Day. His take on old age is "Don't do it".
I can appreciate this. Getting old often isn't dignified, and for someone as independent and strong willed as him it must be incredibly frustrating.
- Much like having M.E. is at times.

Anyway enough of my chatter - must get back to my noisy children for extra birthday cuddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment