Wednesday 18 June 2014

Meet Wonkey

This is how my business and blog got their name.
I once owned a gorgeous motorbike. It was a Yamaha Virago 535, in a custom metallic purple. I loved riding this bike, the wind rustling past, the freedom, loved it!
I changed a few things on the bike once I got it, some through necessity, like the exhaust, others just because I could, like the wing mirrors. Trouble was the pretty shiny wing mirrors I chose looked great, but I couldn't see past my right shoulder with them... So we popped a different mirror stem on that side.
This made the bike look wonky, and so the name stuck!
But I hear you say, that's not how the business/blog is spelt. Well words have never been my strong point, and spelling even less so. When I created my business page as Wonkey Creations I had no idea I had spelt it wrong, but I'm happy with it, it still reads the same and well, its me!

1 comment: