Sunday 22 June 2014

Painsomnia

This should be a real word meaning you can't sleep because of the pain.

I am very lucky with my M.E. that intense pain isn't an especially consistent symptom.

Yes I suffer aches and pains, and I get headaches almost everyday, but it is usually bearable.

Unfortunately every now and then I am wracked with pain. Pain in my lower back, left hip and left knee. There is no rhyme, or reason for this pain. There is nothing I can think of that triggers it, it just happens.

I had never experienced pain in these places until during my first pregnancy. During pregnancy it was called SPD, the pain I get now is very similar.
The biggest problem with this pain is sleeping. Or more to the point not being able to get comfortable enough to sleep.

When I suffer with this I feel the answer to comfort would be floating in a pool of water, so after a terrible nights sleep last night that is exactly what I did this morning. Nearly an hour in the local swimming pool to take the weight off.
Feeling good at the moment, if a tad tired, but we will see if it helped!

Could I not just take some tablets for the pain?
Well I can take paracetamol, but that doesn't do much.
Ibuprofen gives me stomach pains, co codamol makes me feel very strange and doesn't do much more for me than paracetamol...

Perhaps the answer would be a hot tub in the garden!

1 comment:

  1. Felt very bad after reading about your pains. Back and hip pains affects sleep in a big way. I had pains in the back for a long time which gave me sleep apnea for quite a number of days. Used to feel drowsy and sometimes nauseating. But reading other posts of yours I understand that you are strong in mind. I believe your mental strength will some day subside the pain or it will be a part of your life with which you will easily go along. And of course, nothing is better if the solution lies in the hot tub in the garden. My best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete